Creating and designing your garden landscape like a professional is just as easy as click-click-click. GardenPuzzle is a smart software application that allows you to design your garden layout before you actually start digging and planting trees and plants. Thus, you can imagine how your actual garden would look like.
You just have to define your climatic conditions and desired layout plan, the application suggests suitable plants and allows you to design your garden with simple mouse clicks. You can download and install GardenPuzzle on your PC as a desktop application or use it online in your web browser for free.
Here is a brief summary of my experience with GardenPuzzle
- To get started with your new garden layout, choose scenery (back yard, lawn etc.)
- Define the type of ground (fertile, dry, acidic etc.) and climatic conditions (your country, state and hardiness zone).
- Now that you have basic layout of your garden, you are ready to go ahead and start designing your landscape.
- Based on your selection, GardenPuzzle would display suitable plants for your climate. You can select from a variety of Conifers, Vines, Perennials, Trees, etc.
- Set surface type: Leaves, Grass, Lawn, Brick, Meadow, Planks etc.
- Add bridge, arbor, trellis, fences, garden furniture etc.
- Now ‘plant’ trees, vine, shrubs as per your choice. You can filter plants by size (large, small etc.) and type (vines, herbaceous etc.). GardenPuzzle provides complete information on habit and culture of plants that you choose so that you can select appropriate plants for your garden.
- Save your project and see how your garden would actually look like.
Some of the features are not available in free version of GardenPuzzle.