Designing Beautiful Landscape Designs with Bamboos
Oft undervalued, Bamboos are valuable plants for using in a landscape design. In fact, they are excellent landscape plants for many reasons:
- Bamboos grow quickly and they are easy to maintain
- Bamboos come in hundreds of varieties that suit many purposes; they can be used as fencing plants, as wind breakers, as ground covers, as accent plants, and for controlling soil erosion
- Bamboos can grow in many different climatic conditions – tropical, cold, swamps, indoors, and in shaded and sunny locations
- Bamboos are resistant to pests and diseases
- Bamboos are evergreen and reproduce themselves easily
Depending on climatic conditions and landscape scheme, you can pick and choose many available varieties. Generally, bamboos are divided in two types:
- Running bamboos: These species produce rhizomes to develop a vigorous root system. These species have clumping growth and tend to cover large areas quickly and can be invasive.
- Rooting bamboos: These bamboo species have vertical growth and produce tall and slender stems.
Browse the following gallery and see how bamboos can be used to develop interesting landscape features.
Asian Landscape by Greenbrae Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers Shepard Design Landscape Architecture – AJ Shepard
Rustic Exterior by Agoura Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers Stephanie Ann Davis Landscape Design